The primary reason for the invention of Smartphones was to make the life of an average individual more easy and productive. Unfortunately, this smart world has evolved to a point where Smartphones are more or less used for entertainment and as a tool to escaping reality. Most entertainment apps are free apps
Current reality aside, there still are many people who wish to use Smartphones only for the purpose of increasing day to day productivity. I’m sure that others too would love to join this productivity club. Nothing beats a person who works diligently and also uses various tools to improve his productivity.
To such concerned people, behold as I bring to you, my list of the top free apps that are available on Playstore that could definitely save time and make life more productive.
If you have used Facebook’s Messenger app before, you would have noticed the floating bubble that incorporates your texting feature. This is indeed a superb feature that lets you text with a person over the floating bubble without having to exit the current app that was running.
The free app Flynx is an internet browser that does the same function of creating floating bubbles. The only difference would be that instead of a texting function, Flynx opens a floating webpage of any link that you wish to open and view.
It loads articles and links in background for you while you do something productive.
This quick read mode gets rid of ads and loads only relevant content saving your time and data. It also allows you to save articles offline to read them later.
- SAVE TIME: It loads articles and other links in the background while you continue using your current app.
- SAVE DATA, LOAD FASTER: Flynx intelligently gets rid of all ads and unnecessary clutter from blogs and articles, saving you a lot of mobile data.
- READ EASY: Flynx displays news articles and blogs in a beautiful, easy-on-eyes view, allowing you to focus only on meaningful content.
- SAVE OFFLINE, READ LATER: Saving articles offline is super easy. Just double-tap a link from any of your favorite apps and that’s it!
- TRUE MULTITASKING: Flynx makes multitasking effortless by allowing you to open multiple links and switch between them easily, all without ever leaving the current app.
- SMART SHARING: Share links quickly to your favorite apps like Facebook, Twitter, Pushbullet, or save links directly to Pocket, Instapaper, Readability, Evernote, etc.
- FLYNX IN YOUR LANGUAGE: It has been translated into over 15 languages including Arabic, Brazilian, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish. Thanks to amazing volunteers from all over the world.
Click here to download Flynx
Productivity usually starts with one making quick notes when a new idea. Capture ideas when inspiration strikes. Find information fast. Share notes with anyone. From meetings and projects to web pages and to-do lists, everything’s in one place.
- GET ORGANIZED: Create separate notebooks to organize your memos, receipts, bills, and invoices. Find anything fast—Evernote’s powerful search can even find text in images and handwritten notes. Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists. Use Evernote as a digital notepad, planner, and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts and memos as they come.
- CAPTURE IDEAS: Write, collect, and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, memos, checklists, and to-do lists. It’s the only planner and organizer you need. Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, whiteboards, handwritten notes, and drawings. Clip interesting articles and web pages to read or use later
- EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE: Make personal to-do lists to keep your thoughts organized. Go paperless by scanning receipts and important documents. Save all of your travel documents, articles, and notes in one place. Plan events such as holidays, weddings, and parties. Use Evernote as a planner to organize your life and stay on task.Write memos and journal entries on the go with an easy-to-use notepad
- EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS: Create agendas, manage plans, update journals, and jot down notes and memos. Use it as your ultimate planner, organizer, and notepad at work. Annotate documents during team meetings, then share with colleague
- EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION: Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss important details. Create different notebooks and planners for each class and keep everything organized. Discuss and annotate notes, memos, and essay drafts.
Click here to download Evernote .
IFTTT is a genius app that acts as a mediator for making your phone work autonomously. What this app does is to automate various other apps to perform tasks without your intervention. It essentially takes almost any task and makes your phone do it autonomously. This is definitely a time-saving app that is super productive.
- Automates many apps: Over 630 apps work with IFTTT including Twitter, Telegram, Google Drive, Twitch, Weather Underground, Dropbox, Slack, and devices like Google Home, Amazon Alexa, iRobot, LIFX, Philips Hue, and your Android.
- Keeps you alerted: Stay informed about what’s happening from publications like The New York Times and ProPublica. Always stay prepared for the weather with custom daily forecast notifications. Get an alert as soon as there’s a new Craigslist listing that matches you search.
- Automate other apps to auto backup: Back up and share your Android photos automatically. Back up important files, photos, and contacts to cloud-storage solutions, such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Interlinks multiple apps: Streamlines your social media. Post all your Instagrams as Twitter photos or Pinterest pins. Trigger events based on your current location. Message roommates when you’re near the local grocery.
Click here to download IFTTT.
Clip Stack is a smart Clipboard manager app that saves all the texts you copy inside the app. This lets you recover and see any text that you copied long ago without a hitch. This also lets you organize and keep informed of various texts that have been copied for any use.
Why Clip Stack?
- Unlimited Clipboards: Clip Stack can remember all your clipboard history and recover text after reboot. It’s a clipboard manager, a user-friendly notebook, and maybe a tiny GTD manager. You can easily copy, share, star, delete, and merge every text.
- Permission Usage: Start a background service to listen to the system clipboard. It only cost 6M – 10M RAM. You can close it in Settings if you really don’t want it.
- Powerful Notification: Clip stack’s notification is simple and powerful. You can switch the recent 5 texts just in notification. Notification will be displayed only when copying new text and you can dismiss it by swipe or even disable it by long press.
- Works Everywhere: Whatever phone or tablet, all Android devices are supported.
Click here to download Clip Stack.
Google Assistant probably requires no introduction. This app usually comes pre-installed/ integrated with your phone and all you have to do is give it permission to use all its brilliant productive features.
Your Google Assistant is ready to help when and where you need it. Manage your schedule, get help with everyday tasks, control smart home devices, enjoy your entertainment, and much more. Just start with: “Hey Google” to trigger your Google assistant to wake up and speak with it give it commands
Why Google Assistant?
- Get the Google Assistant for hands-free help: Your Google Assistant is ready to help when and where you need it. Manage your schedule , get help with everyday tasks, control smart home devices, enjoy your entertainment, and much more.
- Play music and videos with your voice: Find music based on a genre, play your favorite songs, playlists, podcasts, and music videos, or find the perfect tunes for activities like cooking, studying, or working out. You can also skip songs and adjust the volume.
- Stay in touch with hands-free calls, texts, and emails: Your Assistant makes it fast and easy to stay connected to those who matter most. Make calls, send text messages, and draft emails to your contacts.
- Get quick directions and local info: Quickly find answers about businesses, restaurants, and attractions, including business hours, traffic info, and Google Maps directions. You can also book a ride with your favorite rideshare company, or find parking lots near your destination.
- Get convenient help throughout the day: Stay on top of your schedule and manage your calendar so you don’t forget important appointments and meetings. Set reminders and get alerts so you can check off your daily to-dos. Your Assistant makes it easy to take notes, set timers, add items to your shopping list, and set alarms.
- Search the web and get quick answers: Find fast answers to your questions while you’re out and about, or at home. Get real-time weather forecasts and updates, find how-to videos, check sports scores, search the web, or get language translations when you’re abroad.
Click here to download if you don’t already have a Google Assistant installed.
Grammarly is a smart AI based app that runs through what you’re typing and provides grammatical suggestions and sentence framing help. Whether you’re typing up an urgent email, an important LinkedIn message, or an essential Facebook post, Grammarly lets you write from your mobile device with confidence.
There are two variants of this app where one is a Keyboard and another is a Grammar checker.
- Clear and Effective Writing: Sophisticated grammar checker with on-textual spelling checker and advanced punctuation correction for Vocabulary enhancements and synonyms.
- Convenient and Fast: Smooth integration with all apps that gives Predictive text suggestions and it is totally easy to set up.
- Improve Your Skills: Receive short, clear explanations for every correction and it understands your mistakes and avoids them in the future.
- Customizable for your needs: Dialect settings (American, Canadian, British, and Australian English), Light and dark themes, and Personal dictionary options provided.
Click here to download the Grammarly Grammar Checker app.
For the extremely productive people who don’t even want to waste time typing passwords or filling log-in details, Lastpass shines as a safe and secure password manager app that fills all the login details for you.
- Encrypted password vault: Store usernames and passwords for all of your online accounts securely in your LastPass encrypted vault. For Android Oreo and future OS releases, LastPass will automatically save usernames and passwords to the vault as you visit each site and app.
- Amazing functionality: Log in with your fingerprint for simple, secure access to everything in LastPass. With free syncing, anything you save on one device is instantly available on all other devices. Multi-factor authentication secures your password vault to add a second layer of protection on your account.
- Bank-grade encryption: LastPass never has the key to your encrypted data, so your information is available to you, and only you. Your vault is encrypted with bank-level, AES 256-bit encryption.
Click here to download LastPass.
To those amazingly productive people who are aware of the trap laid out by websites to keep you hooked to their site with amazing content, Pocket comes to your rescue.
- ABSORB GREAT CONTENT: Use Pocket to capture the content that comes at you all day long, and curate your own space filled with only the topics you care about. Save the latest stories, articles, news, sports, and videos from any device, and any publisher or app. Then fuel your mind with a reading, watching, and listening experience designed for calm eyes, free hands, and fresh focus.
- SAVE FROM ANYWHERE: Save the latest news, magazine articles, stories, videos, recipes, web pages, how-to information – anything you discover online or subscribe to, from any publisher. User favorites include New York Times, The Guardian, Washington Post, Flipboard, The Atlantic, New Yorker, Lifehacker, Business Insider, The Verge, BBC News, Google News, Buzzfeed, Vox, Engadget, Medium, Newsweek, Twitter, Youtube.
- REST YOUR EYES. FIND YOUR FOCUS: Pocket’s clean layout and customizable display make for a relaxing reading experience that clears out the visual clutter, gives your eyes a rest, and lets your mind focus on the information at hand. Love long read? Pocket’s typography and layout keep reading comfortable for longer stretches. Love to read before bed? Try our new dark and sepia themes to reduce visual stimulation before you sleep.
- LISTEN TO ARTICLES: Pocket’s listen feature turns any news story, article, or blog post into a hands-free, eyes-free learning experience. Now you can turn content into knowledge while you cook, commute, work out, walk, or just relax and listen.
- READ EVERYWHERE: If it’s in your pocket, it’s on your phone, tablet, and computer – even when you’re offline. Whether you’re taking a news break, reading from bed, or breezing through articles on your commute, Pocket makes the most of your time by getting you straight to the news feeds, magazine articles, stories, information, news, and sports that are compelling to you. And estimated reading times help you turn any time into quality time.
Click here to download Pocket.
The first step to make oneself productive is to know and analyise how one spends their time. RescueTime is a solid app that tracks your daily, weekly and monthly productivity accurately.
- Invisible productivity and app-usage tracking for your full digital life: RescueTime automatically tracks application usage on your Android device and desktop computer (with the free RescueTime desktop app) to give you a full and accurate picture of how you spend your time. Activities are automatically categorized by productivity level, so you can see how your phone usage impacts your day, work patterns, and overall focus. (Privacy options let you control exactly what gets tracked.)
- Set screen time goals and control your phone usage: Whether you want to cut hours or minutes from your daily screen time, RescueTime for Android can help. Get an accurate view of how much time you’re spending on your Android device each day and then set custom screen time goals based on your personal targets. We’ll notify you in real-time if you go over.
- Keep all your daily goals front and center to help build better habits: Screen time isn’t the only factor in creating a healthy balance with your digital devices. Want to spend more time writing and designing? Lower your time spent on social media? All your RescueTime goals are front and center in the Android app, so you can get a quick view of how you’re doing and stay on track.
- Log offline activities from your Android device: Get a clearer picture of how you spend your time by logging offline time—meetings, phone calls, lunch breaks—directly from your phone.
- Automatically go into a do-not-disturb mode during FocusTime sessions: RescueTime’s FocusTime feature allows you to block distracting websites when you need time to focus. With RescueTime for Android, FocusTime sessions automatically put your phone in the do-not-disturb mode so you’re protected from all digital interruptions.
Click here to download RescueTime.
Boxer – Workspace ONE
For the productive people who have multiple accounts on their smartphones, Boxer comes to your aid in managing and handling all the accounts. Boxer functions by merging all your account and showcasing all the activities like mail, calendar in each account in a single interface.
- Modern Email, Calendar, and Contacts in a Single App: Productivity never looked so good. With an intuitive design built for the modern professional, Boxer helps you easily conquer your email, manage your calendars, and find colleagues quickly on-the-go.
- Intelligent, Configurable Inbox to Fit the Unique Way You Work: Boxer helps you work smarter and faster than ever with features like bulk actions, configurable quick replies, custom swipe gestures, a send availability feature you have to see to believe, and many more.
- Handling Your Day is a Breeze: Full-featured calendar management is just a tap away, keeping you on top of your schedule. Easily create and manage events, view calendar attachments, send meeting invites, and view availability inside of Boxer.
- Single Tap Dial into Conference Calls: Another phone conference? Say goodbye to ﬂipping back and forth to enter an access code or meeting number on your mobile device. With Boxer, you can instantly dial into conferences with a single tap!
- Protect Your Data and Your Peace of Mind: Boxer ensures your business stays your business. Boxer is built to support some of the most security-conscious organizations in the world. But great security doesn’t have to come with an impossible user experience. With touch ID and PIN support, you can access the things you need in an instant.
Click here to download Boxer.
A productive person generally goes around with his day in a calculated way. Even in day to day work, certain instances requires one to make an step-by-step approach in order to solve a problem or get things done. This is where Lucidchart comes to help.
Lucidchart is a visual workspace that combines diagramming, data visualization, and collaboration to accelerate understanding and drive innovation. With this intuitive, cloud-based solution, everyone can work visually and collaborate in real-time.
- Intuitive Features: Create new documents or edit existing documents. Drag-and-drop functionality. Access pre-built templates to get started quickly. View recent documents in offline mode. In-editor commenting.
- Easy to share and publish: Export to PDF to use natively in other apps. Email documents to share with others. Generate shareable links.
- Shape libraries for every scenario: UML and network diagrams. AWS, Azure, and GCP shapes. Flowcharts and process maps. Mind maps and Venn diagrams.
- Global compatibility: Integrates with G Suite, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Confluence, Jira, and more. Supports VDX, VSD, VSDM, and VSDX formats. Runs on all major browsers and device operating systems.
Click here to download Lucidchart.
Google Drive is a safe place for all your files and puts them within reach from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. Files in Drive – like your videos, photos, and documents – are backed up safely so you can’t lose them. Once there, you can easily invite others to view, edit, or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
Why Google Drive?
- Safely store your files and access them from anywhere.
- Search for files by name and content.
- Easily share files and folders with others.
- Quickly view your content.
- Set access levels for who can view, comment, or edit.
- Quickly access recent files.
- See file details and activity.
- Enable viewing of files offline.
- Use your device camera to scan in paper documents.
- Access pictures and videos from Google Photos.COLLAPSE
Click here to download Google Drive.
Forest: Stay focused
For the distracted people who need a push ahead to stay focussed with work, Forest comes to aid in a cute gamified way. In order to establish new, better habits, it’s helpful to engage with tools that make it easier to reinforce them. For anyone looking to curtail their phone usage, the Forest app might be for you.
- An interesting way to help you beat phone addiction and overcome distraction
- Encourage you to stay focused.
- The best cure for procrastination.
- Reduce procrastination and makes you productive.
- Track your focused moments in a simple and pleasant way
- Earn rewards and unlock new tree species
- Turn your focused moments into a lovely big forest
- Motivate yourself to reach your daily goals!
Click here to download Forest.
These were my list of best free productivity apps that should make your time with smartphone worthwhile. Productivity has never easier to achieve, thanks to these types of thoughtful apps that are available on the Google Playstore for free. Now there is no excuse to run away from productivity. Go win the world!